Tape recovery, migration and safe destruction
Tape recovery or migration requires some serious skills and equipment.
Having the right devices to read tapes, the correct software and the proper tool to operate in case of recovery is key.
We are really good at this.
Typical issues and failures
– Corrupted Data
Formatted or deleted data by accident, human mistake, data corruption due to a mechanical or electronical failure.
– Physical damage of the tape
Broken Tape, Tape in contact with fire or water, dirty tapes…
– Software upgrade
Update or Upgrade of your softwares, data and tapes can’t be read anymore.
Examples of what we deal with
– LTO, LTO1, LTO2, LTO3, LTO4, LTO5
– Super DLT, DLT8000, DLT7000, DLT II, DLT III, DLT IV, TK50/TK70
– Sony® AIT, AIT2 et AIT3
– DC2000 mini
– 8mm Exabyte Mammoth8200/8500/8700
– Tapes DCC
– Cartridge 1/2″ 3480, 3490, 3570, 3590,9840,7-track, 9-track